Saturday, January 31, 2015

Day 54: Stretching My Back and Prepping for the Super Bowl

My knee felt better today and it's encouraging that I'm seeing little improvements. Well, it felt better until this evening until I started hobbling around again.

"Don't look at me."

I decided to give my knee a bit of a rest tonight which I know might end up being a stupid move since the warrior poses really seem to be helping. Instead, I decided to focus on my back. Sitting hunched over a computer all day isn't exactly conducive to a limber spine.

Pictured: not me.

To start, I did a couple A series and towards the end of my last run through, I extended my time in standing forward bend as I am excited that I can almost straighten my legs again. I then used my hands to take hold of both elbows which formed my top half into a weight that really stretched out my upper back. I'm pretty sure this pose has a name and I'm pretty sure I knew it a couple hours ago but it escapes me at the moment.

This.

I also let myself spend a good amount of time in downward facing dog. I feel like a lot of the time I don't allow myself to really get into this pose because it ends up being a brief train stop of a pose before I move on to something else.

Afterwards, I continued my work towards king pigeon (I swear, I feel like I'm just an inch or so away from being able to kick myself in the head). I also did half lord of fishes pose to get in a good twist. I've read that twists are good to do before bed, something about giving your organs a gentle squeeze to aid digestion.

Like this.

The right side felt pretty good but when I twisted to the left, I noticed a strong tightness in my outer left thigh.

That can't be good, right?

I also did some eagle arms at the end of my practice which really helped loosen up my upper back.


Tomorrow is the Super Bowl. As a Broncos fan, I'd prefer if both teams lost in a surprising upset and the Broncos were declared the winners of the season just because they're awesome. I know that's an unlikely (but theoretically not impossible!) outcome so I'll be rooting for the Seahawks even though my gridiron fantasy playoff challenge team has almost all Patriots.

To answer your next question,
yes, it feels weird to no longer have a soul
after selling it to win a fantasy football playoff challenge.

I'm pretty sure the Patriots are going to win but I suppose we'll see. Either way, I'll be crying about the Broncos not being in the Super Bowl so I'll probably need to do some yoga for emotional healing tomorrow.

SOON.

No comments:

Post a Comment