Saturday, January 17, 2015

Day 40: First World Problems

Before I went to bed last night, I was sure I was going to wake up completely unable to move my shoulder. Much to my pleasant surprise, this was not the case. I felt fine all day but then again, I don't often experience a whole lot of shoulder pain while sitting at my laptop. Probably because I'm a prime specimen of physical perfection.

"Ladies."

During my practice tonight, however, I was sad to discover that I was a complete mess. My left hip was horrendously tight, my left ankle is really painful and feels like it needs to pop, and my Edelman shoulder was really weak. On top of that, my feet kept cramping which I'm pretty sure means I'm dehydrated.


I have a lot of first world problems.

My Edelman shoulder was really weak in upward facing plank and my back felt really tight in fish pose.

This is somehow your fault.

On the plus side, I feel like my back is curving further backwards in king pigeon, so at least I've got that going for me.

I'm . . . awesome?
I'm not sure why I'm expecting my shoulder to be instantly healed after a day. Perhaps yoga will teach me patience.

I might have a long way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment