Saturday, January 3, 2015

Day 26: Whip It Not So Good

Tonight my husband and I were playing with our son and making him laugh. My son thought it was really funny when I would whip my head away and then back really quickly so of course, I did it about 30 times and subsequently gave myself the beginnings of whiplash.

He laughed hysterically but still,
I've made smarter choices.

I started my practice with a bunch of neck rolls which were just as awful as yesterday. My Edelman shoulder is super tight and painful today so I mostly focused on floor work that wouldn't aggravate my shoulder. My hips felt much looser today than they have recently which made pigeon pose much easier than it has been. Downward facing dog was really hard on my shoulder but oddly enough, three-legged downward dog wasn't.

Nothing in my life makes any sense.

Everything else was fine, kind of par for the course. My savasana wasn't super grounded but my mind has been running a mile a minute today with work projects. A big one is getting close to fruition but there are a lot of last minute adjustments being made. It's exciting stuff but after a long day of working on anything, my brain is fried.

Plus I have a baby who finds it offensive that I sleep.

Even now, I feel pretty unfocused which is sad since yoga usually realigns my mind. Maybe I should spend some time in meditation. There's that quote that says, "Spend 20 minutes a day in meditation. If you can't spend 20 minutes, spend an hour." At that rate, I should probably spend three hours in meditation.

No comments:

Post a Comment