Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Day 36: Yoga is Magic

Before starting my practice tonight, I had some weird stomach pains. I have no idea what caused them but with my luck, I'm probably developing an ulcer.


Or a tumor.


But I looked up a few poses that are supposed to help with stomach pain and decided to focus my efforts there in addition to my pigeon project. There were a couple different twists listed as well as poses that elongated the abdomen like cobra.


Doing a few of those poses actually made my stomach pain go away very quickly. In fact, it was quickly enough to where I was looking around, saying, "Um . . . that was easy. Does anyone else know about this?"

Magic!

I'm also feeling small improvements towards king pigeon. Yesterday when I tried to straighten my torso and start to curve backwards, there was no way that was going to happen. Today, however, I felt like I was at least heading in the right direction. I'm sure that if you were to look at a photo, it would look exactly the same as yesterday but I'm feeling good about it. All action begins with thought, right? Maybe I can just think my way into king pigeon.

Replace "catch the red dot" with "put my foot on my head" and we're in business!

No comments:

Post a Comment