Thursday, January 29, 2015

Day 52: Knee Progress . . . Kind Of

When I got up this morning, I was pleasantly surprised to find that my knee didn't hurt as much as it normally does. I mean, don't get me wrong, it still hurt--but it wasn't as awful. It seemed like the knee-strengthening poses I did yesterday helped . . .


. . . until this evening when I reverted back to hobbling around like Igor.

"I am so good at yoga!"

However, I'll take it as a win that my knee wasn't as terrible for at least a few hours today.

Despite my knee pain, I decided to push through and do the warrior poses again for my knee. Once again, I was surprised by how much my knee hurts until I'm in the poses. It seems completely counterintuitive to me but then again, I don't understand physical therapy or joints.

Pictured: Me, pretty much all the time.

I'm also making improvements in king pigeon. Tonight I actually verified it with my husband that my head and foot are, in fact, moving closer to each other and it's not all in my head.

"Am I doing it? This is king pigeon, right?"

The last thing I noticed about my practice was during savasana. As I lay there I noticed a pinched nerve in my right shoulder . . . which if you've been reading my blog, you know is my Edelman shoulder.

THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!
We're in the same state because of the Super Bowl so I'm positive this is your fault!
GAAAAAAAH!!!

How I managed to hurt myself while lying still on the floor is beyond me.

No comments:

Post a Comment