Saturday, January 24, 2015

Day 47: I Can't Straighten My Legs

Today's post is going to be short just like my practice. When I woke up this morning, I found myself almost completely incapable of moving my legs. Putting a brace on my right knee helped but the only thing that actually made me feel better was lying completely immobile on my bed.

The answer is no.

Unfortunately, that wasn't really an option. So instead I hobbled all over my house and regretted every step.


My practice tonight was pretty short. I considered giving myself a day off but I really didn't want to. This is only day 47 of 365--I can't slack off now.

I tried to start with a couple rounds of the astanga A series and discovered that I can no longer doing a standing forward bend. Well, I can try, but it turns out that my standing forward bend looks more like a squat today.

I'm so good at standing forward bend.
I'm basically an expert.

Instead I focused my efforts on loosening up my back since I had to spend a lot of time working today to compensate for taking yesterday off for my son's trip to the hospital. Cat and cow were really helpful, as were eagle arms. I was actually pleasantly surprised by how much easier eagle arms were tonight. Usually my Edelman shoulder makes me want to cry but tonight it actually felt pretty loose in that pose. So in summary . . . I can't bend my legs but my shoulder that has been hurting for the last 41 days felt okay.

Nothing makes sense anymore.

This is the appropriate, adult response.

No comments:

Post a Comment