Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Day 43: I May Need Life Alert

It has been such a long, exhausting day. I was on the verge of falling asleep but I pulled myself up to do yoga. I'm not that far into the challenge and I don't want to bail and miss a day. So I quit whining and did yoga which energized me just enough to be able to write this blog post before I pass out on my keyboard.

This is a thing, right?

I also thought it was important to do yoga tonight, not just because of the challenge but I've been re-aggravating old injuries left and right. When I used to bartend, I managed to injure both of my knees and my ankles.

Bartending is a dangerous profession.

In particular, my right knee has been bothering me for the last couple days. I'm sure there's a connection with my jacked up right hip and possibly even my Edelman shoulder.

You son of a bitch.

I did a little research and read a really interesting article on yogainternational.com about yoga for knee injuries. One of the recommended poses on there is warrior 2 which I took as a sign that I need to stop being lazy about standing poses so I can strengthen my leg muscles and maybe stop falling apart every time I stand up.

I need Life Alert at age 27.

Not terribly surprising, but my legs were really weak although I'm not sure if that's because I'm exhausted or because my legs are actually weaker than a kitten's.

I could totally take him in a fight.
Maybe.

This has not been a productive few days of yoga. Must do better tomorrow when I'm not fighting the urge to face plant on my keyboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment