Thursday, January 8, 2015

Day 31: PROGRESS!!!

Tonight I feel pretty proud of myself--I'm making progress going from pigeon to king pigeon!


So here's where I'm at: my pigeon has been improving since I've been doing practices really focusing on it for the last few days. I'm able to lower my hips flatter on the ground and my front leg is decidedly much closer to being parallel to the front of my mat than it is to being perpendicular.

I suppose you could say my leg is "oblique +."

I've been able to pick up my bag leg more and more and today I was able to grab it with my hand without crying.

Admittedly, I grabbed it by reaching my arm around the side.
My back is not that bendy.
YET.

I'm taking baby steps but it's pretty exciting to see some noticeable improvements. When I started, I could barely get myself into pigeon, let alone even think about picking up my back foot without sobbing from excruciating pain..

But I'm gonna.

Yay! Progress! Yoga is such a gradual process that sometimes it can feel a little disheartening but seeing an improvement is encouraging and makes me that much more excited to see where I'm at after a few more months and especially after this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment