Saturday, January 10, 2015

Day 33: Tight Shoulder and Edelman Beard

Tonight's practice was simple and I focused on hip openers again and trying to relieve some tension in my upper back. Of course, pigeon was heavily featured and I'm pretty pleased with how much easier it's getting to pick up my back leg to start to transition to king pigeon.


I made sure to do some burning logs towards the end of my practice as well because I hadn't sufficiently punished my hips enough.

All the other pictures were of people at Burning Man
which is not how I spent my evening.
I also spent a fair amount of time in downward facing dog. I transitioned between that pose and plank several times and was a little surprised to find myself starting to break a sweat. I usually do such easy, low impact yoga that I don't often break a sweat anymore. Either I'm pushing myself a little harder or my body is wimping out on me, like my Edelman shoulder.

Speaking of Edelman, did anyone else watch that playoff game tonight? Holy crap, apparently Edelman used his time off wisely to grow a beard that gave him magical powers. I was hoping the Patriots would lose so the Broncos could play the Ravens at home, but I saw that trick play and the pass from Edelman to Danny Amendola and it hurts to admit, but I was impressed.

I ain't even mad.
I'm going to need to seriously consider doing some rehab on my shoulder. I hurt it on what, day six of this challenge? From plugging in my laptop? That's one of the dumbest injuries I think I've ever had. I just decided, tomorrow my focus is going to be on shoulder openers because this is ridiculous.


No comments:

Post a Comment