Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Day 44: Falling to PIeces

I'm not sure what's going on but apparently my body is more fragile than a Faberge egg. I woke up with some new injuries so, both of my readers, if you're keeping track, here are my current ailments:

1. Edelman shoulder
2. Painfully tight hips
3. Pinched nerve on the left side of my neck
4. Old injury in my right knee has flared up (had to wear the brace today)
5. Knots in back that make my shoulder stay up near my ears

On top of that, this is still a problem:

6. Right pinky toe is still sore/a little swollen

I whacked it on my bed frame on day 6 of this challenge. Now, nearly 40 days later, it's just starting to heal.

I know, I know.

Is this part of yoga? I start out okay and then completely fall apart and then am rebuilt as a stronger, better me? I sure hope so because hobbling around isn't super fun. Plus I'm a much angrier person from spending so much time blaming everything on Julian Edelman.

THIS FREAKING GUY.

Tonight's practice was pretty basic because I was trying not to further piss off all my joints. Hip and shoulder openers were my main focus but I added a couple poses I haven't been doing lately. I added bow and boat poses which, of course, made me want to cry because I have no stamina. I'm not sure what the third pose I added is called but it's supposed to look like this:

Whatever this is.

I managed to do this with my right arm on top. When I tried to switch and have my left arm on top, my fingers didn't even come close to touching. I'm not really surprised, especially considering the issues I've had with my right shoulder.

Yeah. That shoulder.

I think tomorrow might be time to really focus on shoulder rehab. I need to try and repair at least one body part.

No comments:

Post a Comment