Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Day 29: But I Could Do It Yesterday

After spending the afternoon in the pediatrician's office, my back and shoulders were very tightly wound into knots.

This is accurate.

Cat and cow helped to stretch out my back but they weren't as effective as they normally are. Usually after a few rounds I'll feel my back start to stretch out and most times it'll pop. Today I wasn't quite so lucky. The poses certainly helped but I didn't get the relief I'd hoped for.


I could've continued with back and shoulder openers but I wanted to keep up with the "focus on a couple poses" strategy I've been utilizing for the last couple days. I decided to work on pigeon and was surprised to find how much tighter my hips were today as opposed to yesterday. Apparently the chairs at my son's pediatrician's office are not very nice to me. After getting into the pose a couple times and resting in child's pose in between, my hips started to open a little. I don't feel like my stretch was able to go as deep today as I could yesterday but hey, time on the mat is time on the mat.


I want to write more but honestly, I'm completely exhausted. Going to the doctor completely wipes me out, even if I'm not that patient. I'm sure there's an explanation like the fluorescent lights but I'm too tired to figure it out at the moment. Perhaps tomorrow's blog post will be more interesting.

I may need to tattoo this on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment