Monday, January 26, 2015

Day 49: My Body is Nonsensical

I am still a huge mess and sitting in the car all day didn't help. I'm apparently also delusional about how quickly my body heals.

I live here.

I felt good in mountain pose which is literally the only pose that's easier than savasana.

See?

And that's where all the good feelings stopped. From mountain pose, I tried to do a standing forward bend and discovered that it is still impossible for me. Downward facing dog went better than expected and my heels were nearly down on the floor . . . meaning that my body makes zero sense. I can't touch my toes but I can nearly put my heels down which I can barely do on a good day.

Sigh.

Pigeon pose was interesting. My right knee is still trashed so while my left leg could bet nearly parallel to the front of my mat, my right was . . . not.

Oh well. Maybe tomorrow I'll start looking into rehabbing my knee. I've been wearing a brace for the last several days and I need to start working to make it stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment