Friday, January 2, 2015

Day 25: Desk Yoga

I've been working pretty steadily at a big project and today, I decided to do some yoga at my desk for my practice. I followed the few exercises listed here and did a few cycles of the whole set. It felt really nice to loosen up my shoulders since I'm pretty sure I just hunch over my computer like Quasimodo.
"Freelance is fun!"

The most surprising part of the whole thing was how horrendously tight my neck was during the basic neck roll. I had a lot of difficulty not rushing through the tight parts of the roll and keeping my shoulders from creeping up into my ears. I suppose this goes to show that even the simplest stretches can be hugely beneficial.

As to be expected, my Edelman shoulder felt like it was going to fall off during Eagle Arms although overall, my upper back feels much looser. "Loose" is sort of a relative term though--it now feels like almost-dry concrete instead of fully dry concrete.

It still sucks but now it sucks a little less.

I found the twists to be pretty easy for me to do which, of course, makes me worry that I'm doing them incorrectly. But taking a twenty minute break from working to do these stretches felt really good.

On another note, my glutes are super sore today. I want to say it's from my practice yesterday but it's also entirely possible it's from sitting in my office chair all day. We'll say it's from yoga because that makes me feel like my butt is getting better, not sadder.

No comments:

Post a Comment