Monday, January 5, 2015

Day 28: Top of the Food Chain

Sigh.

This is one of my most unfocused practices to date, partly because I'm exhausted and partly because I just feel so done with today. My son had a doctor's appointment today and we had to drive to a hospital a couple hours away for it. That took up most of the day and the rest of it was spent worrying about him since he's not feeling well. I didn't do very well managing my anxiety today and part of me wanted to just skip today but yoga is supposed to be good for anxiety so I put aside my excuses and did some yoga.

Replace "not FLEXIB..." with "too anxious" or "too tired" and we're there.

I did my practice tonight with the same intent as yesterday, to focus on a few poses. I did cat and cow because that always stretches out my back (especially important after being in the car all day) but I spent a lot of time focused on pigeon pose. My hips felt tight initially but as my muscles warmed up I achieved a really deep stretch and I can feel my hips gradually flattening out more and more to the floor.

My Edelman shoulder, however, is still ridiculously tight. I can't believe I still have this enduring injury because I plugged my laptop into the wall That's about as sad as choking on my own spit.


Perhaps tomorrow I should look into some gentle shoulder stretches to start rehabbing my shoulder so maybe I'll quit complaining.

Probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment