Monday, February 16, 2015

Day 70: Everything is Awful

Day 70--another milestone!

I wish I could be more positive about my practice tonight but apparently my body is not very forgiving after a couple days of half-assing my practice and then a night off. Basically, everything was awful. My back was awful, my knee was awful, my hips were awful, and my Edelman shoulder was, as expected awful.


I did the A series and a couple san salutations as a warmup and every part of my body was painfully tight. I decided I hadn't had enough punishment so I did a few of my other go to poses like pigeon and cobbler's pose. As expected, everything hurt.


On the plus side, yesterday I was able to wear an outfit comprised entirely of pre-baby colothes--not a single maternity item in sight! Sure, everything is still a little snug but I can wear them without worrying about anything rippig if I fully exhale. I think the yoga is helping! Either that or the fact that I keep forgetting to eat. 

Whyy not both?


So faar in this challenge, I've taken three days off (all of them in the last two weeks). Overall, I feel like yoga is benefitting me in a couple different ways. The most exciting (read: narcissistic) way is of course the way my clothes are fitting. I feel like I sleep better after doing yoga (until my son kicks me in the head to wake me up) and on most days, I feel better being able to stretch all the kinks out of my muscles after a day of hunching over my laptop.

My point? Yoga=good. I'd be more articulate but I'm preoccupied with how much my muscles hurt. Hopefully my body decides to be more forgiving tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment