Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Day 57: Best. Birthday. EVER.

This is going to be a very short post just to say that I took the day off. My original plan was to do yoga every day for a year but today was a really special day: my son's first birthday!

The first birthday is a big milestone for any parent but today felt extra special. Not because we think we're special, but because while I was pregnant, my son was diagnosed with a very rare and randomly occurring congenital heart defect. We were told he might not survive the pregnancy and if he did, he'd need a heart transplant. Long story short, he survived and received his transplant when he was only five days old. There were times we weren't sure he'd ever see his first birthday so to be able to celebrate with him today felt nothing short of miraculous.

I took the day off from work, yoga, and everything in between so I could spend all day with him. This is by far the best birthday celebration I've ever had the privilege to be a part of and I'm just so grateful he's here.

If anyone is interested in reading more about my son's story, you can read more at http://www.mightymaxbannon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment