Monday, February 9, 2015

Day 63: In My Head

Today has been a long and particularly stressful day and I didn't want to have to think during my practice tonight.

It's been a day.

I opted to just do several rounds of the A series but I took my time in some of the poses like cobra and downward facing dog. I then finished up my practice with a couple basics like cat and cow and of course I punished my knee in my quest towards king pigeon. Although I felt like my knee was better yesterday when I went on a walk, I re-aggravated it today so I'm back to where I was.

I'd say I'm at an 8 or a 9.
It's serious but not Lego serious.

I want to say that my mind feels a little clearer after doing yoga tonight but I'm honestly not sure. I think I'm so preoccupied with the events of the day that I wasn't really present on my mat tonight. Perhaps I need to start my practice with a short meditation just to give myself a buffer between the rest of my day and yoga. Or maybe I need to not spend so much time in my head in general.

This.

And this.

No comments:

Post a Comment