Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Day 64: Standing and Sadists

When I started my practice tonight, I actually spent some time in mountain pose. This shouldn't be a novel thing but I usually just blow past mountain pose because, well, come on--I'm just standing there.

                                   
                                                                Stop laughing, it's hard!

But tonight, I actually took the time to correct my posture, root my feet into the ground, and allow myself to be in mountain pose. I discovered two things about myself:

1) I need to slow down and appreciate the small moments because the simple poses can ultimately be the most beneficial.

2) I am apparently really bad at standing up straight.

Seriously, my posture is about as jacked up as my Edelman shoulder.

      
                                                             Everything is your fault.

After I realized I apparently suck at standing, I wanted to focus my practice on hip openers. I didd a lot of my usual poses like pigeon (duh) and cobbler's pose but I also did lizard's pose. I'm not sure if both readers of this blog remember, but I've incorporated lizard pose a few times in previous practices since starting this challenge. However, today was the first day that I was convinced that this pose was invented by sadists.

       
                                                                Very bendy sadists.

My hips were horrendously tight in that pose and it took all of my resolve not to pass out. It was almost as hard as standing.


I'm off to bed. My knee hurts and being vertical is apparently too difficult for me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment