Sunday, February 8, 2015

Day 62: Another Day Off for a Very Good Reason

I have elected to skip my second day of yoga in this challenge because today my husband and I are celebrating that our son is officially one year post-heart transplant. It seems so surreal to me that one year ago I was in the middle of the hardest and worst night of my life. I hadn't even been able to hold my five-day-old son and he was taken away to have his heart replaced. Even now as I think about it, the tears well up in my eyes.

But today, we got to spend the day with our son at home. Aside from the scar on his chest, he looks like a normal baby. Sure, he's a little skinny as a result of all his medical issues, but we spent the day playing and laughing with him. I have elected to skip my second day of yoga during this challenge because I chose instead to spend the day with my amazing hero of a kid.

I wasn't completely lazy though--the weather has been beautiful here so our little family of three got outside for a walk. I'm overwhelmed by how blessed I feel to have had this day with my son.

I also just realized that my knee didn't hurt at all while we were out for our walk--perhaps tomorrow's yoga practice will have a lot less wincing in pain and internal screaming.

If anyone is interested in reading more about my son's journey with a heart transplant, please visit http://www.mightymaxbannon.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment