Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Day 8: You Spin Me Right Round, Baby, Right Round . . .

. . . like a broken record.

Strangely soothing yet maddening.

I'm still facing a lot of my own self-induced problems and I find it kind of frustrating. I was sidetracked by work and trying to clean my house today that I didn't do yoga until nearly 11pm. I also ended up doing basically my same practice--which isn't necessarily a problem, but it's still early enough in my year of yoga that I want to try a bunch of different sequences to find out which one resonates with me the most.

That isn't to say that I didn't enjoy my practice tonight because I did.


I'm really loving the feel of stretching my muscles when I do the Ashtanga A and B series. I also feel like I'm getting a lot more out of my forward bend, not only because I'm able to actually touch the floor now (yay!) but I'm able to relax my neck enough to let the weight of my head stretch my neck. I carry a lot of tension in my neck, especially when I spend a lot of time on my computer (I'm a freelance writer, I'm pretty much physically attached to my laptop).

On the plus side, I think this means I'm a cyborg.

My hips still feel fairly tight but they're significantly looser than they were a week ago. I know that yoga is a gradual process so I'm pretty surprised to find that I'm getting certain results so quickly. Believe me, I'm not doing any kind of crazy one-armed inversions or anything like that, but I can touch my toes without crying so there's that.



I want to change the time of day that I practice but honestly, that's not going to happen tomorrow. My son has a bunch of doctors' appointments tomorrow so I'll probably once again be here, doing yoga before bed. Maybe in between appointments I'll look up some nighttime yoga routines on my phone so I can at least mix it up a little tomorrow. Either that, or I'll be back on day 9 posting pretty much the same thing but with new gifs.

Ta da!

No comments:

Post a Comment