Saturday, December 13, 2014

Day 5: I Feel . . . Fine?

I woke up this morning expecting some soreness, especially after my fun glute cramps episode, but I felt . . . fine. My shoulder pain hasn't returned, my hips don't hurt, and my butt isn't sore.

I . . . must be doing something wrong.

Mostly I feel confused because after not practicing yoga (or anything) for months, I expected to be in a special kind of hell for the first couple weeks of this challenge. But I'm not even a full week in and I'm feel okay. Maybe this means I need to mix it up? I've enjoyed some videos on Yogaglo.com so perhaps I'll try one of those tomorrow.

Today I did a couple of the Ashtanga A series as a warm up followed by a modified B series. When I reached warrior 1, I deviated and did warrior 2 and triangle pose before returning to the series. I was pleasantly surprised to see that my flexibility is already increasing. When I did my forward bends, my knees were only slightly bent knees.

Pretty soon I'll be off the chair.

My favorite poses from today's practice probably have to be cat and cow. I've had chronic back problems since high school and these two poses gave me a great stretch in my back muscles. My back is usually so tight, especially when it's cold (it finally snowed today!), so it felt really good to stretch out a bit.

I suppose I should just be happy with feeling good today instead of feeling so suspicious that I'm not hurting. This is a good thing, right? I'm sure I'll look back on this day and feel like an idiot for not enjoying a day when everything didn't hurt. But for now, I'll just settle for being a malcontent.

Maybe I need to do more yoga to help snap me out of it . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment