Friday, December 26, 2014

Day 17: Unfocused

Merry Christmas!

My son is still sick but we had a great day enjoying his first Christmas. Sure I spent my afternoon dealing with fevers and baby puke but he seemed like he felt okay in the morning. At least, he felt okay long enough to open a few presents. Granted, he seemed to like the wrapping paper more than the presents themselves but I suppose that's how it goes with babies.

Not that I blame him, this stuff is legit.

I found myself really distracted during my practice. I've had a lot going on lately and my mind kept wandering away. On top of all that, I'm prone to anxiety and I know yoga can really help with that but tonight . . . I don't know. I probably wasn't very focused since I had difficulties quieting my mind. Overall, my practice just felt off tonight. I did a lot of my usual suspects: A series, warrior 2, triangle pose, cobbler's pose, etc. I also included some dolphin pose and dolphin plank tonight which I could really feel in my abdominals. For narcissistic reasons, I'm hoping to tighten up what little squishiness I have left on my post-partum tummy and I'm hoping yoga will do that.

I didn't feel much strain on my Edelman shoulder, just a little when I did child's pose and puppy pose which surprised me a little. I suppose I figured that a "resting" pose wouldn't strain my muscles but evidently that's wrong. Either that, or I just don't understand how to properly do child's pose whereas every four-year-old can do it without even thinking about it.

Show off.

I'm going to be feeling unsatisfied with my practice but pleased that I at least got on my mat today. I know every day won't feel like nirvana but I'm still a little disappointed. Maybe next time I'll try and stay in my poses for a few extra breaths to help center myself but for tonight, I'm going to bed.

I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment