Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Day 23: Happy New Year's Eve!

I'm not gonna lie, tonight's practice was somewhat unfocused. I did my practice while watching New Year's Eve coverage in Times Square with my husband while our son slept on his chest.

Best. Dates. Ever.

I wasn't focused but I did try and stretch it out with some A series followed by my usual suspects: bow pose, cobbler's pose, pigeon, etc. I've been working on evolving my pigeon pose to king pigeon and I'm actually noticing improvements. Usually the front of my thigh is SUPER tight and I can't really pick it up but now I've been able to get my back leg to what I think is perpendicular to the floor.

Let's be real, it's probably at a 45 degree angle and I'm all,
"OMG, guys, I'm doing it!"

Tonight I also made a point to do goddess pose because I hate goddess pose. I used to do it a lot in my prenatal class and I don't care for it much now. However, I've often heard that the pose you hate the most is the one you need the most. So I did it and did my best not to cry since my legs started protesting immediately.

"WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS?!?!?!
OUCH!!!!!!!"

My savasana wasn't really focused on closing my practice with Taylor Swift performing in the background (although is there seriously a catchier song from this year? I think not).

Taylor, I didn't even like you before this song,
but can we please be friends and hang out all the time?

I'm not going to resolve to do better starting tomorrow because I suck at New Year's resolutions. But I am going to continue this project and I do want to be more dedicated in my practice. Realistically that isn't going to happen every day but I want to commit to this challenge in a real way. Although I think I'd get benefit from these half-assed daily practices I'm doing, I want to fully invest myself because if I'm going to do this, I want to do it correctly.

Watch, tomorrow I'll be posting the same stuff. "Did A series again, love cobbler's pose, hurr hurr hurr." But at least the thought is there and all action begins with thought.

Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment